AEI Security & Communications Ltd, (hither to referred to as ‘AEI’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘we’, or ‘the company’), a company governed by UK law. The term ‘you’ refers to the user of our services. This constitutes our ‘terms of service’ titled ‘Terms & Conditions’ to ensure we comply with legislation around the world.
It applies to all services and products (hither to referred to by one of the following names, ‘app’ (abbreviation for application)”, product’, ‘service’, ‘services’ ‘website’), we operate online and/or branded as but not limited to ‘SuperSmart TV’, ‘DigiSender’, ‘AEI’, ‘AEI Security’, ‘VIP Guardian’ and ‘Easylife’.
In the event of communication regarding these terms we accept in English language only.
Terms of Service
By accessing our services applications associated with it, you are agreeing to be bound by these ‘terms of service’, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing any service we offer. The materials contained in applications or this web site are protected by applicable copyright, patent and/or trademark law. Use of third party intellectual property including logos or branding does not imply or offer any endorsement of products of services offered by the company.
AEI Security & Communications Ltd offers this Web site, including all information, software, products and services available from this Web site or offered as part of or in conjunction with this Web site (the “Web site”), to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all of the terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. AEI reserves the right to make changes to these Terms of Service immediately by posting the changed Terms in this location
Your continued use of our services constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices, and any changes to the Terms and Conditions made by AEI
Use our services at your own risk. Our services provided to you is done so on an ‘as-is’ basis, without warranty of any kind either express or implied. Neither AEI nor its employees, agents, third-party information providers, merchants, licencors or the like warrant that any service or operation will be accurate, reliable, uninterrupted or error-free. No agent or representative has the authority to create any warranty regarding the services we offer on behalf of AEI. AEI reserves the right to change or discontinue at any time any aspect or feature of the services we offer.
We are committed to ensuring that our services are used safely and responsibly. To achieve this, we have established usage policies that apply to all users. By adhering to these policies, you can help ensure that our technology is used for good.
If we find that your usage does not comply with these policies, we may ask you to make necessary changes. Repeated or serious violations may result in further action, including the suspension or termination of your account. Please note that our policies may change as we learn more about the use and misuse of our models.
The following uses of our models are not allowed:
- Any illegal activity. Creating or distributing child sexual abuse material or any content that exploits or harms children. We report this type of content to the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children.
- Generating hateful, harassing, or violent content, including content that expresses, incites, or promotes hate based on identity; content that intends to harass, threaten, or bully an individual; and content that promotes or glorifies violence or celebrates the suffering or humiliation of others.
- Generating malware, which is content that attempts to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system.
Activities that have a high risk of physical harm, such as weapons development, military and warfare, and management or operation of critical infrastructure in energy, transportation, and water.
- Additionally, content that promotes, encourages, or depicts acts of self-harm, such as suicide, cutting, and eating disorders, is not allowed. Activities that have a high risk of economic harm, such as multi-level marketing, gambling, payday lending, automated determinations of eligibility for credit, employment, educational institutions, or public assistance services.
- Fraudulent or deceptive activity, including scams, coordinated inauthentic behaviour, plagiarism, academic dishonesty, astroturfing, disinformation, spam, and pseudo-pharmaceuticals.
- Adult content, adult industries, and dating apps, including content meant to arouse sexual excitement, such as the description of sexual activity or that promotes sexual services (excluding sex education and wellness), erotic chat, and pornography.
- Political campaigning or lobbying, including generating high volumes of campaign materials, generating campaign materials personalized to or targeted at specific demographics, building conversational or interactive systems such as chatbots that provide information about campaigns or engage in political advocacy or lobbying, and building products for political campaigning or lobbying purposes.
- Activities that violate people’s privacy, including tracking or monitoring an individual without their consent, facial recognition of private individuals, classifying individuals based on protected characteristics, using biometrics for identification or assessment, and engaging in the unlawful collection or disclosure of personal identifiable information or educational, financial, or other protected records.
- Engaging in the unauthorized practice of law or offering tailored legal advice without a qualified person reviewing the information. Our services are not fine-tuned to provide legal advice, and you should not rely on our models as a sole source of legal advice.
- Offering tailored financial advice without a qualified person reviewing the information. Please note that services are not fine-tuned to provide financial advice.
- Telling someone that they have or do not have a certain health condition, or providing instructions on how to cure or treat a health condition
- Our services are not fine-tuned to provide medical information. You should never use our models to provide diagnostic or treatment services for serious medical conditions.
- Our service platforms should not be used to triage or manage life-threatening issues that need immediate attention.
- High risk government decision-making, including:
Law enforcement and criminal justice
Migration and asylum
We may use third party AI services within the app or service we provide
- Data Usage and Privacy: The AEI or third-party service accesses and analyzes audio data from media content played within the app exclusively for reporting purposes. All data is handled securely and used solely for generating reports, adhering to stringent data protection laws.
- User Consent for Audio Analysis: Your use of the reporting feature implies consent to the analysis of audio content being listened to within the app. This analysis is strictly for generating reports and enhancing user experience.
- Limited Use of Data: Data collected and analyzed by ChatGPT’s service is used solely for generating reports on media content usage within the app. This data is not utilized for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
- Accuracy of Reports: While the reporting feature aims for accuracy, it may not be entirely error-free. Users acknowledge that the accuracy of reported media content might vary due to various factors and might not cover all content accurately.
- Termination of Service: The app reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the reporting feature utilizing ChatGPT’s service at any time. This action might be due to technical reasons, changes in service offerings, or compliance requirements.
Exclusion of Liability
The content of our services is for your general information use only. It is subject to change without notice
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered within our services for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials provided by our services is done so entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our services meet your specific requirements
Our services may contain material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance graphics, and data. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms
Ownership of any trade marks reproduced within applications for graphical representation which are not the property of, or licensed to us are fully acknowledged
Unauthorised use of our content may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
Our services includes links to other websites and services from third party sources. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the operator of that service. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked services
Except for material in the public domain under copyright law, all material contained on the Web site (including all software, HTML code, Java applets, Active X controls and other code) is protected by copyright laws. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these terms, you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, modify, rewrite, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any material contained within our services without the prior consent of the copyright owner
None of the material contained within AEI’s services may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, de-compiled, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language, re-transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photo reproduction, re-cordation or otherwise), resold or redistributed without the prior written consent of AEI. Violation of this provision may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
Social media Integration
User Consent and Authorization: By integrating your social media accounts with your app, you are providing explicit consent and authorization for your app to access and display your social media content on your TV.
- Data Privacy and Security: We Emphasize our commitment to maintaining the privacy and security of users’ social media data. We will only access and display content that users have explicitly permitted within the scope of the app’s functionality.
- Responsibility for Content: You as the user are responsible for the content you choose to display on your TV screens through the app. You should not infringe upon any copyrights, violate any laws, or share inappropriate content.
- Third-Party Platforms’ Terms: You acknowledge that our integration relies on third-party social media platforms. Users must comply with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these platforms when using your app.
- Liability and Indemnification: We have provided controls for every aspect of the services are product provides and as such because you are in control of content served via the integration of these services we hereby indemnify ourselves against any claims, damages, or liabilities arising from their misuse or sharing of content.
Modification and Termination: We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the integration feature or the entire service at any time, especially if it violates the terms or poses legal risks.
Material you choose to broadcast shall be in full compliance with the service you intend to broadcast to
You agree to read, understand and follow any such terms and remain in full compliance of those terms or restrictions placed upon you by any third party recipient that you are broadcasting to
Easylife is a Trade Mark of AEI Security & Communications Ltd. DigiSender is a registered trademark with the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) Reg.No.1019883, United States Patent & Trademark Office Reg.No. 3953250, United Kingdom Patent Office Reg.No. 2511051. imedia is a registered trademark with the UK Patent Office Reg.No. 2506186. digisender i-media is a registered trademark with the UK Patent Office Reg.No 2506133
Billing Terms & Conditions
E-mail notifications are a courtesy service. Regardless of your receipt of E-Bill notification, you must pay your bill by the posted due date
AEI Liability Limitations:
E-mail notifications are a courtesy service. Regardless of your receipt of E-Bill notification, you must pay your bill by the posted due date
AEI is not liable for failures of transmissions due to:
Full e-mail boxes
Internet access problems
Any other delays or customer failure to receive notifications
AEI is not liable for unavailability of the online payment system due to circumstances beyond its control such as, but not limited to:
Communication line disruptions
Government regulations or court orders
Failure of hardware (yours or ours) or software (yours or ours)
In the event of a payment procedure failure AEI will endeavour to undertake the following:
Contact the user in order to resolve the problem
Rectify and make good any and identifiable problems with the web site
ACCOUNT CANCELLATION & REMOVAL
We can cancel your account but we retain any invoice and transaction details for tax purposes. To close your account simply access your account and select manage data. To manage your account and the data we hold on you please refer to our Data Retention Policy.
THIRD PARTY TERMS
Full details of third party works and license agreements can be found here
These Terms of service were last updated on 18th November 2023
Previously updated on 23rd March 2023
Previously updated on 14th March 2018